HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY SURGERY?
- Before your surgery, you will have a pre-admission visit. Click on this link to find out more about your pre-admission visit: www.mountsinai.on.ca
- If you suffer from chronic diseases such as heart, lungs or liver diseases, your surgeon may request an anaesthesiology or medicine consult before the surgery.
- If you suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, it is very important that you advise your surgeon since it can affect your anaesthesia and recovery.
- If there is any change in your health between your Pre-Admission visit and the day of surgery please notify your physician immediately.
Eating and Drinking:
- It is important not to eat or drink before the surgery. The pre-admission team will inform you about the specific time at which you should stop eating or drinking. This also means no gum, candy or smoking. It is very important that your stomach be completely empty should you be nauseous during surgery. Failure to do so could result in the cancellation of your surgery.
- It is important to follow all special instructions and preparations that you were given during your Pre-Admission visit.